UPDATED: 13TH SEPTEMBER 2021
Online Support Group Rules
Participation in Online Support Groups (OSG) means all members must adhere to the OSG Rules as set out below
Do not apply to join more than one Group per week. ONLY book the group that best suits your current needs. Multiple bookings will not be accommodated.
Do not “derail” conversations within Group. The Facilitator will oversee proceedings in Groups and ensure that all members present are heard and responded to.
Do not recommend treatments or medications – you may say that you found a particular treatment helpful, but only a medical professional can recommend treatment for someone else.
Do not post insulting, prejudiced, or offensive messages; they will be deleted. Be mindful of how others may be feeling and phrase your posts accordingly.
Do not discredit or criticise another user’s posts. People come here in a state of emotional distress and do not come here for judgement. “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”!
Do not post any personally identifying information on the site or in OSGs. This includes your email address, name, the town that you live in, names of relatives, friends or family members, and photographs.
Do not encourage or promote illegal or unethical activity.
Do not post notices of intention to self-harm or details of self-harm.
Do not advertise or promote services
Do not post details of Eating Disorder behaviour.
Do not Astroturf, pretend to be someone else
Do not open more than one account.
Do not post if you are under18 years of age.
Accept the decisions of Facilitators who will follow these rules, they are following the site rules when they make a decision to edit or delete a post.
Thank the people that help you. It would be lovely if you would stay around and help others – we encourage it!
turn2me adheres to a child protection policy where the safety, protection, and or welfare of the child is paramount. (Children First Act 2015)
Religious and political posts are not allowed. turn2me is here to focus on the things that we have in common, not the things that set us apart.
All information posted on turn2me‘s platform is completely confidential (Subject to our Content Monitoring Policy in our ) and may not be displayed anywhere else in any form. This is to protect site members.
List of Transgressions and Appropriate Censures (in addition to our Content Policy)
- Criticising another member
- Derailing a conversation, making off topic posts
- Insults to members
- Promoting illegal activities
- Posing as a professional
Caution & Edit Post
- Referring to other people by name, giving identifying info
- Posting details of Eating Disorder or self-harm Behaviour
- Posting personal details
- Language that encourages discrimination on the basis of gender, race, age, sexuality, marital status, membership of travelling community or disability
Delete Entire Post
- Asking for a medical diagnosis or medical advice
- Completely useless, offensive, or trolling posts
- Posting of intention to self-harm
- Astroturfing, pretending to be someone else
- Opening more than one account per person
- Being under 18 years of age
- Continuous insults to members and or moderators