Are you aged between 12-18 and want to have your say in the future of mental health services for young people, learn new skills and meet new people?
We need your input to help make sure future services are the best they possibly can be!
What is Turn2me Youth?
In 2019 Turn2me and ReachOut.com joined forces to create Turn2me Youth. A service to provide information for young people about mental health.
In 2020 Turn2me Youth will be expanding to provide even more services to support young people’s mental health but we need your advice to make sure they are engaging for young people.
What is the Youth Advisory Panel?
The Turn2me Youth Advisory Panel is a diverse group of young people passionate about shaping the future of mental health services for young people in Ireland. Becoming part of the Youth Advisory Panel will mean you will get to take part in shaping and delivering this new service by:
- Discussing and advising on issues related to mental health and young people
- Feeding back on Turn2me services and how they can be improved
- Getting involved in research
- Promoting Turn2me and its services
What does it involve?
The Youth Advisory Panel meets on the last Saturday of each month in Dublin City Centre with a specific topic to focus on each time. Meetings will take no longer than 2 hours and snacks will be provided!
Do I need any special skills or knowledge?
No! Anyone between the ages of 12 and 18 can apply as long as you meet the following simple criteria:
- You are passionate about mental health and making a positive difference!
- You enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team environment
- You will be committed to attending the monthly meeting in order to voice your opinions on the different topics
- You are respectful of everyone's ideas and give everyone a chance to speak, even if you may not fully agree with them.
Training and support will be provided in many areas including mental health literacy, design thinking, promotion, writing, media and research skills.
Any other benefits?
- By taking part in the Youth Advisory Panel you will develop useful skills, experience and references for your C.V. and future career
- The Youth Advisory Panel brings together passionate like minded young people and it is a great opportunity to make new friends
- The Youth Advisory Panel will allow you to make meaningful contributions to mental health service development and delivery
- Members have the opportunity to use hobbies, passions and interests to make a big difference for young people across Ireland. E.g. writing, sports, multimedia, film
How do I apply ?
Send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions, get a full role description, short application form and parental consent form.
Applications close Monday 3 February 2020.