Why you fight with siblings
- differences in age or values
- jealousy or insecurities
- lack of privacy
- having step siblings
What you can do
- If it’s something minor, like teasing, discourage it by ignoring them or laughing it off.
- Walking away and counting to ten can be a good way to cool off.
- Talk to someone outside the situation. Getting a different perspective on the conflict can be helpful.
- Get some distance. While this might not solve the problem, it can be good to get some headspace.
Talk it out
Agreeing to disagree
Violence and safety
If you would like professional support with anything you are going through turn2me provides free, confidential online supports for young people and adults in the Republic of Ireland.
- Peer support - A free and safe space where you can find and give support by connecting with other people who have been through similar experiences.
- Group support -Facilitated by a mental health professional, support groups are a safe space to connect with others and share solutions and coping strategies on a variety of mental health topics.
- Counselling - Support for whatever you are going through, this is a safe space to talk with a professional counsellor to help you understand your feelings and work together to develop the tools you need to get through tough times.