Making friends online with people from all over the world is becoming more normal everyday.
Discussion forums, chat rooms, or online social networks like Instagram can be a great place to meet new friends.
Do remember a few online safety tips:
- Be careful on forums – not everyone is who they say they are.
- On social networking sites, keep your profile as private as possible. You can chat with new people without allowing full access to your profile.
- Never give out personal details, such as your address, number, school, university or workplace to strangers online.
- Always meet new people from online in a public place or bring a friend
- If you’re being bullied online, tell someone you trust about it.
Read Meeting new people and What is friendship? for more